Friday, November 13, 2015

21DSD Day 11 and 12- The Desire to Clean out EVERYTHING

by Crystal Fedele



     There is no doubt that as you become more "clean" you have an insatiable desire to clean out all of the components in your life. This, for me, has been especially true about clutter. ALL clutter! I've somehow become acutely aware of every tiny thing out of place. Today, Dawn and I busted through some heavy duty office inventory and organizing and I just couldn't stop until it was done. As I feel less overwhelmed by food, I turn attention to all of the other things that could be causing stress and toxicity. The ugly truth is I've been ignoring quite a bit.

In the last several days I have found so many lost items and every time I organize one thing, I see the intricate layers that hide underneath.

The same occurs with emotions. I remember this about day 11 last time I did a food detox. As I got towards the middle of the cleanse, more and more emotions started to become present that had been covered up with food over the years. Without that instant indulgence, I am forced to stare at the emotions right in the eye. Emotions I don't like.

As I continue to move through the mind clutter I am starting to indulge myself in "food for the soul." I'm exploring new blogs and writings about living healthy and happy and I'm learning to create a quiet space in my mind. I've limited social media and television. I can finally see some peace peaking through.... like that little area of floor just visible through all the Legos.

There is still much work to be done, but as it stands I know I am much more equipped now that I am not constantly thinking about what I am going to eat. Simple is sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment