Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Day 11 Temper Tantrum Phenomenon (Crystal)

   

I remember this from last cleanse. It was day 11 exactly and all of a sudden the flood gates opened emotionally. It was like everything I had ever covered up with food came rushing out of me. It was the worst break up of my life. I even watched sappy movies to comfort myself. Then 2-3 days later I was completely over it. I heard about "die offs" and detox and was expecting at least a little bit of discomfort, but I had no idea it was going to be like that! PMS is no match for a food-aholic on a candida cleanse!

Thursday of this past week I woke up and felt like something very heavy was laying on top of me. My husband said even a word and I snapped at him. I didn't want to help anyone, listen to anybody, didn't want to eat and just welled with tears every 5 minutes. I looked through my ovulation calendar and that wasn't it. I took all of my supplements, ate well and exercised. The feeling of utter gloom would just not go away. Then I looked at the calendar, curious to my progress on the cleanse and there it was- day 11! I can't believe I didn't notice!

So I decided that I was in need of some emotional nourishment. I forgave myself for may lack of enthusiasm toward the world and went home and made my favorite cleanse dinner- gluten free no cheese pizza! Then just went to bed while my husband watched the kids. The next few days took an upswing, just gratifying more that I need to spend more time nurturing myself and honoring the days in which I am a mess. I am too hard on myself. I push myself too much. I tell my patients all the time to stop this. I am making a plan to honor my own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment