Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Have your muffin and eat it too! (Crystal)




I don't think I've ever put this many eggs in something, but it worked! I took this recipe from a paleo cookbook (I'll post the name of it when I get it) I really was resolved to not eating muffins for 90 days, but these are right in line with the Candida Cleanse and taste amazing! Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut free and sugar free!

Blueberry Lemon Muffins (makes 12)

6 organic Eggs
1/2 cup melted organic coconut oil
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 lemon juice and zest
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup fresh organic blueberries
(this recipe calls for 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup, but I didn't put this in. instead I used 2 tsp of stevia powder. I don't think it needed it and may not use it the next time.)

preheat oven to 350
whisk eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest and vanilla together. slowly add baking powder, salt and coconut flour. Fold in blueberries. The batter will be fluffy and sticky. scoop batter in to baking cups in a muffin tin. (this batter does not rise, so it is ok to fill the cups all the way) bake 31-35 minutes (the recipe said 35-40 but I always bake a few minutes short of what the recipe says.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment