Tuesday, September 3, 2013

One Thing Leads to Another.... (Crystal)

There comes a time in any relationship when long after the break-up there is still some connection that still remains. You know what I am talking about... that sweater, that box of pictures..that chord you haven't cut. Even though I have been working on this emotional release since January I have to admit that there are a few things that I would call "crutches." As I find non-toxic options in my relationship with food these are the things I find myself willing to go to the store late at night for.

1. Coffee - those of you who know me well, understand that this is my absolute favorite food product. I gave up my cream and sugar and drink it with a splash of almond milk and cinnamon, but I can honestly say I am very unhappy when I don't have coffee.
2. Almond Butter- I wait all day to have this 300 calorie snack. It's full of protein and fat- something I shouldn't be eating at 10pm while watching the Big Bang Theory.
3. Vodka. The Candida Cure says to eliminate alcohol and if you do drink, to make it vodka. For some reason in my brain this gives me permission to drink as long as its Vodka. I definitely have improved in the frequency of alcohol consumption, but I haven't fully let go of this crutch at the end if stressful days and it really only lengthens my journey of curing candida.

So I guess I still have some old sweaters hanging around that I need to find the strength to let go of as I sever emotional ties with food. No part of this is easy, but just like pushing yourself through a workout, you have to move past your comfort levels to become stronger. I am in no way going to give these all up at once and tell myself I can never have them again, but I have to get to a point where I don't "need" these things. They are just choices like eggs or an apple. I don't get upset when I am out of apples or asparagus.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment